Iron is a key resource in the process of many crafting recipes in Minecraft. And this is not counting the fact that it is thanks to iron that a character in the initial stages of survival can acquire: good armor, weapons and a variety of tools. In the latter case, this applies not only, for example, to a pick or an axe, but also to scissors with buckets.
In any case, iron will have to be looked for at some point. Therefore, a logical question arises: where can I find iron in Minecraft? Moreover, there will be a whole mass of similar questions on the iron in the process. Therefore, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the guide, which is presented below. It provides detailed information on everything you need to know about hardware.
Minecraft Iron: Ore Review
Iron in Minecraft, in general, has minor external differences. For example, the texture model for iron ingots is the same as for gold ingots, and the only difference is the color (iron ingots are grey). As for the blocks, they differ only in beige dots, which characterize the blocks with iron inside. Otherwise, apart from the distinctive crafting recipes, iron and its blocks are no different.
Where to find iron ore?
Iron ore blocks can only be found in the Ordinary World. And at the same time, it is necessary to take into account the features of natural generation. Because in the lower part of the world, iron ore blocks are found at a level from 1 to 64 blocks.
How high is the iron in Minecraft?
In this case, most often blocks of iron ore can be found directly underground or inside some caves. On the other hand, although rare, iron ore blocks can still be found on the surface.
In addition, it should be added that the concentration of iron ore blocks at a height of 2 to 61 blocks is almost 1%. And the average number of blocks of iron ore that 1 chunk has is 75 blocks.
Where to find iron ingots?
- The first method is based on natural generation . The beauty is that iron ingots are found in absolutely all natural structures. Even if we are talking about a village of civilians . There are no exceptions, so even if you find yourself inside an abandoned mine, the chests that are there can also please you with iron ingots. The only thing that differs is the chance of their appearance (it differs for all natural structures).
- The second way is by killing mobs . You can also start hunting iron golems or zombies, as they also drop iron ingots, although this method also has its own distinctive nuances. Ingots will always drop from iron golems , but they already drop from zombies with a certain probability.
- The third way is to use cheats . Alternatively, you can also use cheats. For example, the X-Ray program, as well as other analogues, is especially popular. Of course, it does not help to find iron ingots, but instead it makes the blocks transparent and shows only the most valuable ones. Thanks to this, you can immediately find a bunch of iron blocks and get a lot of iron ingots.
How to make an iron farm?
Do you want to automate everything, so are you looking for how to make an iron farm in Minecraft? No problem! The most popular and simple iron mining farm is the tower. And its design was specially created for those who play in survival mode. In addition, it should be understood that this kind of farm will bring 64 iron ingots in 2 real hours. So the farm below is efficient but not fast enough for farmers in a hurry.
The construction of a farm begins with the fact that you need to decide on a place. And it is best to choose a location that will be located close enough to the house or to the place where the character appears often enough. This is due to the fact that the construction of the farm is tied to iron golems, and they, in turn, will not appear inside it if the character is too far away. In any case, if the farm is of interest, then we recommend sticking to the schemes presented in the screenshots below
How to get iron in Minecraft via admin mode?
The easiest and easiest way to get Minecraft hardware in absolutely any quantity is to use the developer mode. However, before you decide to do this and use the appropriate command, you should check if cheats are allowed in the created world. If not, then we recommend creating a new world. For the rest, you need to do the following:
- First of all, press the “T” button on the English layout, after which the administrator mode will open.
- Next, as soon as the window with the corresponding menu opens, you can already register the command – “/give @p Minecraft:iron_ore”.
- Further, when the command is written (and without quotes), all that remains is to press the “Enter” button.
In addition, if you want to get a certain amount of iron using a command, then you must specify a number after the command. That is, you write the same command without quotes, put a “Space” and indicate the number. For example, if you want to get a stack of iron, then write – “/give @p Minecraft:iron_ore 64”.
Mods for iron in Minecraft
- Mod “Recycle Iron” . A great project for those who always lack iron and who have a lot of extra things. Since after installing it, the character will be able to melt most of the vanilla items, receiving either iron or gold in return.
- Mod “The Tiron Mod” . Thanks to this modification, improved hardware will appear in the vanilla version of Minecraft. And already at the expense of it it will be possible to create more powerful equipment with weapons. In terms of characteristics, all these items are slightly better than diamond equipment.
- Mod “More Iron” . Due to this project, much more iron will be generated in the game world than usual. In addition, one block of iron ore will now give not one ingot, but two at once. Well, as bonuses, here you can also smelt all kinds of metal objects in order to get iron ingots in return.
Secrets and tips
- Surprisingly, about 0.6% of the entire world of the Minecraft game will always consist of blocks of iron ore during creation and, accordingly, generation. Thus, it is quite easy to find iron as you survive, and this material is always in abundance.
- In addition to the usual iron ore blocks, there is also the so-called “deep iron ore”. And this ore includes all the iron that is subsequently generated below Y = 0.
As soon as a new game world is created and if you are going to play without cheats or additional modifications, then we recommend that you immediately find ore deposits as soon as possible. What for?
This way you can quickly acquire high-quality equipment and tools (not to mention other important items like a bucket), which, in turn, already allow you to dive deeper into caves, mines and just fight mobs much more efficiently. In addition, if night falls, then you can simply dig underground and calmly get iron for the character. In any case, iron in Minecraft is a valuable material that you should take care of first.