Each of them contained a small number of innovations and fixes of identified errors in previous builds. In general, the Minecraft 1.12 update has received a huge number of innovations that should make the gameplay much more interesting.
Innovations in assembly 1.12 covered all elements of the game, from tags to sound design. Among the most important novelties in this version of Minecraft on PC, it is worth highlighting:
- The emergence of new blocks. Blocks of concrete, cement and glazed tiles are now available to players. Moreover, each type of block can be painted in one of 16 available colors, has its own unique properties and crafting features.
- The emergence of new items. The developers listened to the requests of the gaming community and added new beds in build 1.12 with 16 color options, eggs to summon parrots and a handy book of knowledge containing identifiers for all items available in the game.
- The appearance of new mobs. With the release of Minecraft 1.12, the gameplay will become much more diverse due to the presence of parrot and illusionist mobs. Each new mob, of course, received its own unique features. For example, a parrot can imitate various sounds, can be tamed and reproduced, and also accompany the player.
- Improved inventory section. The developers have completely redesigned the inventory section, adding a feature to save custom inventories, the tab of which will replace the “Materials” tab, moved to “Miscellaneous”. In addition, the Inventory now has a function to view all crafts available to the player.
- New sounds. Dozens of new sound effects have been added to the game, designed to diversify the sound design of the gameplay.
In addition to new features, the game received a large number of improvements, among which stand out:
- A reworked system of achievements, including both new achievements and changes to existing ones.
- Improvements to the textures of some items: the texture of wool and sheep has been changed; carpets and flags were given lighter colors, etc.
- Changes in the functionality of individual blocks and objects: you can sleep peacefully on the bed without fear of neutral zombie pigmen; on the bed you can jump like on slime; magma blocks burn significantly longer; steps are made in the format of a full-fledged block.
- Changes in the functionality of mechanisms. For example, if it is impossible to move a block with a piston, smoke will begin to emanate from it and a special sound will play, notifying the player of the problem.
In addition to the above, assembly 1.12 also contains:
- Fixes for known bugs from past versions of the game.
- Localization improvements.
- Changes to the colour palette of flags and wool.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that this list is far from a complete list of innovations added by the developers. To appreciate the full scale of the changes, you just need to download the updated Minecraft to your computer, launch the game and immerse yourself in the gameplay.