Without food, survival in Minecraft will not work from the world at all. Since the character has a special hunger scale, which gradually decreases. In addition, if it is not full, then the character will not automatically recover health, which is extremely important in many situations (especially in battles).
And the most satisfying and easily obtained food is bread. However, it requires wheat in Minecraft to create it. Fortunately, getting wheat seeds is not so difficult, although there are certain nuances that should be observed in the process of growing wheat.
In any case, if you want to get the first harvest as quickly as possible without losing quality and seeds, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the guide below. It contains detailed information on absolutely all even insignificant details, which in turn are associated with wheat.
Where to find wheat in Minecraft?
- The first way is with the help of natural generation. Alternatively, you can try to find already grown wheat. There is a 54% chance of wheat appearing inside treasure chests (from 1 to 4 units inside).
You can try with a 57.9% chance to find wheat inside the igloo chests (here they come across in an amount of 2 to 3 pieces). However, the highest probability of finding what is inside the underwater ruins – there the probability is 89%. And they always come across in an amount of 2 to 3 units.
Of course, there are other places – for example can also be found inside forest mansions and outposts of bandits. The chance of wheat appearing inside chests in these places is 35.3%, and the amount is from 1 to 4 pieces. And finally, wheat, through natural generation, can be found in the form of blocks on the territory of the villages of civilians.
- The second way is by growing. The last option is to grow wheat yourself. As a result, after harvesting, the character will receive up to 3 units of seeds and from 1 to 2 units of wheat. However, if you harvest an unripe wheat crop, then only one seed will fall out.
How to plant and grow wheat?
The first thing that follows in order to plant wheat in Minecraft is that it grows on a ready-made, that is, plowed land with a hoe. At the same time, after the land is ready, it is also necessary to place wheat seeds there. In addition, further growth of wheat will require water along with light. In the case of water, the liquid must be within a radius of four cells. As a light, any source is suitable – torches, the sun, lava. However, there are a number of nuances that any novice farmer should be aware of:
- If suddenly the character jumps on wheat or pours water on it, then seeds will fall out as a result. In other words, the bed will be destroyed and the harvest will not be possible (you will have to do it all over again).
- The character can move through the sown land in a simple way (wheat will not be harmed in this case and, accordingly, will not fall out in the end).
- Between the beds with wheat, it is best to dig small single-block (in width) channels without fail, which will help the wheat grow thanks to water (it will subsequently be poured into these channels).
- Among other things, wheat beds can also be spoiled by other mobs. For example, if they jump on the beds, they will subsequently break them. Thus, it is recommended to enclose the wheat with a fence.
Wheat farms in Minecraft
- Based on the needs and plans for the farm, it is necessary to either find a flat area, or make it so. Alternatively, you can still make an underground wheat farm in Minecraft – even in this case, the instructions look below as well.
- Dig channels for water as much as you want. However, it is important to observe parallel proportions and the distance, which should be two blocks. In addition, in order to save, the depth of the channels should be 1 block.
- Then all that remains is to enclose the beds with a fence. Otherwise, mobs can trample the beds and, accordingly, destroy the entire crop. The principle of construction of fences is shown in the screenshot below.
- In the end, when the fences and beds are ready, all that remains is the channels – to fill with water, to plow the earth, and to sow the seeds. At this stage, the farm is ready. The character just has to wait for the harvest.
Farm with mass collection mechanism
- As you understand, you can also make an automatic wheat farm in Minecraft, which will do everything on its own. First of all, you need a clean area, which will have a size of 9×9 blocks. Once the site is found, then in the middle you will need to dig a hole and pour water into it. And taking into account the fence, the size of the farm will have 11×11 blocks.
- Now you need to put a stove over the pit with water. Next, you need to completely plow the whole land, that is, 9×9 blocks (in other words, you need to plow 4 blocks from the center on each side).
- At this stage, you should do: building a fence, you can put a barrel under the gate (you can eventually put objects inside), and also put torches around the farm on the fences.
- And now it remains to sow the seeds, wait for the ripened wheat and pour water over the stove. As a result, all wheat can be harvested in a matter of seconds. The only exceptions are the corners (where the wheat will have to be harvested manually). At the end, you collect water on the stove, plant wheat seeds again and wait until it can be collected according to the same principle.
Fully automatic farm
- And one more option, how to make an auto wheat farm in Minecraft, which is certainly done automatically. As usual, you should find the most suitable place for the farm. The key factor is a flat surface. Next, you need to create a couple of beds (3 pieces, the size of which will be 3×7 blocks).
- Next, you have to start creating channels: the depth should be equal to 1 block, and the length to 7 blocks (this is the key point that is responsible for irrigation). And on the sides of the first three beds, it will be necessary to make stone walls without fail.
- Now you need to start building a system that will allow you to harvest. And for this, firstly, you need to create a platform – its size should be equal to 15x4x2 blocks. Secondly, water channels will also have to be excavated at the site (for ease of understanding, you should pay attention to the pictures below). Thirdly, it is necessary to refine the system with what is presented in the last screenshot in this paragraph.
- Next, you have to establish a point that is associated with harvesting. To do this: you should dig a trench exactly in the place where the previously dug water trenches ended (the depth should be two blocks); after putting in the places that are marked on the second screenshot blocks of stone. In the end, it remains at the collection point to make a small dig and pours water in the places marked on the last screenshot in this paragraph.
- Once again, pour the water exactly in the places that are marked in the first screenshot. And then you install blocks of stone above the channels, after which you install devices for lighting.
- The final stage of construction consists of the following: building a protective fence, placing signs or ladders (the desired locations are presented in the second screenshot in this paragraph) and ploughing/planting wheat seeds.
- The automatic assembler is ready. To collect, the character only needs to break one block of earth, after which the crop will be taken to the point that is intended for collection. Alternatively, instead of a block of earth, you can put a dispenser with water or, if desired, a piston.
Screenshots for Help Players to Make Wheat in Minecraft:
Wheat mods for Minecraft
- Mod «Wheatfields» . An interesting mod for wheat in the Minecraft game, which adds a new biome to the vanilla version of Minecraft. And its key feature is that its territory will be completely sown with wheat.
- Mod “Gentle Harvest” . This modification was created not only for wheat, but it still has a beneficial effect. The bottom line is that the mod adds a new mechanic – automatic seeding. In other words, after harvesting wheat, the seeds will be automatically sown next, which is extremely convenient.
- Furnace Wheat Mod . This little addition is designed to add some realism to the open spaces of Minecraft. Specifically, we are talking about the process of creating bread. And with this mod, from now on, you will need to use a furnace to create it.
- Mod “Bread mod” . The author of this project decided to go further and completely rework the mechanics of creating bread. From now on, you will first have to create a millstone, grind flour, knead the dough and go through many other steps when creating real bread. In general, a great mod for wheat in Minecraft, which will be useful to you.
- Mod “Flour Power” . Thanks to this mod, flour will appear, thanks to which it will be possible to create bread. Flour, in turn, is created thanks to wheat in Minecraft. In general, fans of realism will also like this project.
- Mod “Foods Plus” . This is the last most interesting mod related to bread. Its key feature is that, thanks to it, new types of bread will appear. If desired, it will be possible to create bread from mud, stone, iron, red powder, and even diamonds. All types of bread have their own merits.
How to get in creative mode?
The easiest way to get wheat in Minecraft is to use the command. And the process itself is quite simple: you just need to open the chat (opens when you press the English button “T”), enter the command (it looks like this – “/give @p Minecraft:wheat_seeds”) and finally press the “Enter” button. Now you know how to quickly grow wheat in Minecraft.
However, if one unit of bread is not enough, then you can put a “Space” after the prescribed command and indicate the required amount of bread. For example, as an option, you can prescribe 64 units, so that in the end the character gets a whole stack of bread.
Secrets and tips
- From wheat, you can make not only bread but if you wish, you can get confused with more complex recipes. For example, if you get cocoa beans, then you can make cookies. You can even make a cake if you like.
- Wheat grows quite quickly, but this process can still be accelerated. To do this, it is enough to get a bone meal, and then apply it to wheat.
- In many situations, wheat can be used as bait or as a breeding ground for animals. If the character holds the wheat in his hands, then the animal will follow him. And if you use wheat on an animal, then the process of the reproduction will begin.
As you survive in Minecraft, food becomes a problem from time to time. Because the character will be hungry regularly. In this regard, it is necessary to stock up on food. And the simplest option is wheat. Its advantage lies in the fact that it is easily obtained (seeds are extracted from any grass) and grown as simply as possible. Moreover, you can start growing it literally immediately after the appearance of the character. And thus the character will be provided with food in the end. So if there is no food or there is a problem with it, just start growing wheat.