The 2020 Minecraft Live show was rich for the game. After all, on it, the developers presented a huge number of new blocks, biomes, mobs and items. At the same time, surprisingly, they did not deprive even the blocks of land. Therefore, with the release of version 1.17 of the game, the so-called “rooted earth” was added.
In general, with the release of update 1.17, the game has changed dramatically. In this regard, even experienced players are starting to re-learn Minecraft. For beginners, it’s even more difficult. Therefore, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with this guide, which is entirely dedicated to blocks of rooty earth.
Rooted Earth Minecraft Block Review
Rooted earth blocks in Minecraft are now considered decorative types of blocks, as they have no practical purpose yet. And in appearance, they are slightly different from ordinary blocks of earth in that you can see the roots of trees in their texture. Otherwise, there are no significant differences, if we evaluate the appearance, for blocks of rooted earth.
Where to find rooty earth in Minecraft?
- Option one – thanks to natural generation . Most of the blocks of rooty earth are generated, as a rule, under the trunks of azalea trees . On the other hand, some of them are found right under tree trunks, where rocky ground is usually found.
- Option two – thanks to a traveling merchant . Alternatively, blocks of rooty earth can also be purchased from the wandering merchant who visits the character’s home from time to time. Two blocks of rooty earth will cost 1 unit of emeralds.
- Option three – using administrator mode . Well, the last option is to use the console with the appropriate command. This method is described in more detail below, because it involves the use of cheats, but in return the character will be able to receive any number of blocks of rooty earth.
What to destroy?
Unlike many other blocks, in the case of Rooted Earth blocks, everything is quite simple, since they can be destroyed with absolutely any tool or even a hand. The time to destroy this kind of block is standard and does not change.
How is rooted earth different from other blocks?
In fact, blocks of rooted earth, like blocks of rocky earth, cannot subsequently be turned into earth, mycelium, or, for example, into turf. However, it is also impossible to plant any certain plants on them. On the other hand, on blocks of rooty earth, you can use a shovel to create a grass path.
In addition, if you use bonemeal on Rooted Earth blocks, then you can create hanging roots that will be located on the lower part of the borders of this block. Of course, provided that it allows you to make free block space.
And finally, if you plow the rooty earth with a hoe, then as a result, the block of rooty earth will turn into a regular variant of the earth. At the same time, hanging roots will subsequently fall out from such a block. Otherwise, there are no major differences.
How to get through the admin?
For those who do not want to search for blocks of rooty earth and spend time on this, we recommend using the developer console (aka admin panel). Just before you use the instructions below, we recommend that you make sure that cheats are allowed in the world. Otherwise, a new world will have to be created. In any case, if the problem is solved or missing, follow the instructions below:
- First you need to open the administrator mode – this is done by simply pressing the “T” key using the English layout.
- Next, a new window will open on the screen, where there is a line below – in it you need to write the command without quotes “/give @p minecraft:rooted_dirt” .
- And now at the end all that remains to be done is to use the command – to do this, press the “Enter” key.
In addition, if you suddenly want to get a lot of blocks of rooty earth, you can put a “Space” after the above command and specify the required number of blocks. Alternatively, you can type “/give @p minecraft:rooted_dirt 64” to give the character a whole stack of rooted earth blocks at once.
Secrets and tips
- Rooted Earth blocks can also be found in the Lush Caverns biome, as there is also an azalea that these blocks are loosely bound to.
Unlike many other new blocks, the rooted earth in Minecraft is an extremely interesting decorative block due to the fact that it allows you to create paths. Thanks to this, you can create really beautiful and unique buildings, or you can aesthetically decorate the surrounding area of \u200b\u200bthe house if you wish. It is possible that in the future developers will expand the capabilities of rooted earth, and they will be used in some crafting recipes.