Minecraft is filled with only ordinary blocks that are found literally everywhere or rare ones that are mined in strictly defined places like the “ Nether ” or “The End”. There are also such blocks that the character can create himself.
And the most curious of all are the blocks of loose snow in Minecraft, which can be created thanks to the cauldron. However, these is not all the nuances that you should be aware of. Therefore, if you want to understand all the details, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the material that is presented below, where each item is described in detail.
Loose snow Minecraft: block description
- Method one – using a boiler. To do this, it is necessary to put an empty cauldron in absolutely any snowy biome at the moment when the weather is snowy (in other words, snowfall). And as a result, the character will be able to get a cauldron, inside of which there will be loose snow. And it can later be collected using a bucket.
- Method two – using a bucket. This method is slightly different since you can immediately use the bucket. In other words, there is no need to wait for snowfall and it is possible to collect this kind of snow on the ground.
How to find loose snow in the game?
As noted above, this type of snow is easiest to find when the weather is snowy, although in some winter biomes it will lie on the ground without it. At the same time, you should know that in the Bedrock Edition version of the game, blocks of this snow will be generated on the territory of snowy slopes and mountain groves.
Mods for loose snow in Minecraft
- Mod “Snow Accumulation” . Thanks to this mod, snow along with snowdrifts in the vanilla version of Minecraft will become more realistic. Moreover, from now on, snowdrifts will even have the opportunity to grow, but this will not apply to individual blocks, but to the entire landscape, due to which it will be more gentle and smooth.
- Mod “Winter Wonder Land”. Unlike in the past, the weather does not become more realistic. Here, as a result of snowfall, snowdrifts simply appear. In other words, this mod is suitable for those who do not have hardware that would pull mods with smart graphics.
- Mod “Eternal Winter”. For those who find winter biomes not enough, we recommend installing this mod. And with it, from now on, it will snow in absolutely all biomes. A great project for those who decide to play in the winter or before the New Year.
- Mod “Rangercraft Winter”. The key difference between this mod and the past is that all biomes go into wintertime. That is, not only will it snow here, but the biomes themselves will be filled with snow. And you will know how to make loose snow in Minecraft.
How to get loose snow through the admin panel?
Unfortunately, getting loose snow directly into the character’s inventory without using it will not work in any way, even if you use the creative mode. Alternatively, you can use the “/ setblock “ command. So if you decide to do this, then follow the instructions below:
- First of all, you need to open the administrator mode and for this in the game use the “T” key on the English layout.
- Next, after the corresponding window opens, you should write a command that looks like this – “/setblock ~ ~ ~ powder_snow” .
- In the end, all that remains is to activate what was written using the “Enter” key.
Alternatively, you can try to find a command to register and get a bucket, inside of which there will be loose snow. In any case, there is no other way to get this item.
Secrets and tips
- This type of snow is one of the few blocks that the character will not be able to get even if using tools with an enchantment called Silk Touch . Moreover, although silk touch generally increases the speed of snow production, this type of snow also does not apply.
- The “Java Edition” version of the game has a unique feature. And it lies in the fact that here loose snow can be destroyed with the help of lava or water. Therefore, this should always be taken into account.
- Almost all mobs, with the exception of silverfish, vexers, rabbits, foxes and shulkers , which fall into loose snow, then begin to move much more slowly. In addition, the process itself and the manner of movement resembles how you have to move inside the web. On the other hand, this snow, like the web, does not deal suffocation damage.
- Any character (including a mob) wearing leather boots will fall through this kind of snow. Plus, this snow is similar to blocks of scaffolding, on which there is no way to crouch or sneak if the character is standing on such blocks.
- If any burning mob or character is inside loose snow, then he will put it out. Moreover, loose snow can be used on the territory of the “Lower World” for some purpose.
- A character with their head inside loose snow will get a unique visual effect. And this effect is called “Frame”, and is characterized by decorated snowflakes. In addition, if you fall from a height into blocks of loose snow, then there will be no fall damage. At the same time, if we are talking about high altitude, then as a result of the fall, the mob or character will still receive significant damage.
- One last thing to note, if a mob or character stays too long inside these blocks of snow, then gradually any creature will start to freeze, and eventually start taking damage as well. At the same time, the hearts will turn blue. This effect appears after 14 in-game ticks and damage is dealt every two seconds, that is, every 40 ticks.
At first glance, it may seem that loose snow in Minecraft is useless blocks. However, in fact, they can be used in order to effectively protect your own home. Especially if you decide to live in some snowy biome. For example, loose snow can enclose a house so that other mobs cannot reach the inside. In extreme cases, loose snow can be used as a decoration, but if this is not enough, then be sure to use mods.