Marine biomes in Minecraft are not empty and lifeless territories where there is nothing useful. Initially, of course, they were not as rich as after the release of the update called “Update Aquatic”. But in any case, each marine biome has unique mobs, blocks, structures, and even sea plants.
However, the most unique marine plant is still the kelp in Minecraft. Moreover, they have their own characteristics, crafting recipes and distinctive generations. Therefore, for those who are still not familiar with these marine plants, but want to understand the nuances, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the material presented below.
Laminaria Minecraft: item guide
Sea kelp plants in Minecraft are green bushes swaying underwater. And their key feature is that they can grow dozens of blocks in height, that is, with a lot of free time (when they are not touched), they can even reach the surface of the water. In addition, under water kelp bushes can grow on blocks of coral, sand, gravel and earth. And after extraction, if a bush breaks, then the character in the inventory does not have a whole bush, but kelp leaves.
How to get kelp in Minecraft?
- Method one – you can get . Based on what was discussed above, it is easy to guess that kelp can simply be obtained on the territory of marine biomes, using absolutely any tool for this. At the same time, kelp is always under water near those places where sea grass grows.
- The second way is through trading . Alternatively, you can still use the services of an itinerant merchant who visits the character’s place of residence from time to time. From him, kelp can be purchased for emeralds (1 piece will cost 3 emeralds).
- Method three – using the console command . And finally, you can use the administrator mode to enter the appropriate command. If desired, in this way you can get any amount of kelp. And if suddenly the method is of interest, then it is described in more detail a little lower in the corresponding paragraph.
How to make kelp in Minecraft?
If desired, kelp bushes can be planted and grown by their own labour underwater. And even if the flow is vertical. Although if there is a great desire to place the kelp in some other place, then you have to use the command – the “/ setblock ” command is responsible for this . If we are talking about a crafting recipe, thanks to which you can create kelp bushes, then there is nothing like this in the vanilla version of Minecraft.
How to use?
In kelp, if you do not take into account decorative purposes, there is only one purpose at the moment. Players can only use kelp to get dried kelp. At the same time, a whole farm can be made from kelp, where you can mass-produce this underwater plant or build entire high-speed elevators from kelp (the latter is discussed in more detail below in the corresponding paragraph).
How to grow kelp?
The key habitat of kelp is underwater spaces. Thus, to create a farm, you only need to create a pool, where the minimum width is 1-2 blocks, and the height is 3 blocks. After filling the upper layer with water, the lower level will acquire a current. As an option, pistons can also be used to automatically collect kelp bushes.
Elevator from kelp in Minecraft
- The first step is to build four columns, using absolutely any type of fence. The material of the fence does not matter, as does the height of the fence built up.
- Having decided on the height of the elevator, it is also necessary to install absolutely any solid block in the centre at the top, in order to then pour out the water that will pass inside the constructed fences.
- After that, the upper solid blocks must be destroyed, and inside the water column, it is necessary to plant kelp along the entire length.
- At the end, all that’s left is to remove the kelp bush and replace the lower block with shower sand, after which the elevator will be ready.
Mods for kelp in the game
- Kelp Fertilizer mod. An excellent modification that greatly simplifies the process of growing kelp. Since from now on kelp bushes can be planted like wheat or potatoes, that is, it is enough to dig a hole nearby and pour water into it. Laminaria algae themselves will receive and filter nearby water. In addition, it will even be possible to apply bone meal to kelp to accelerate growth.
How to get kelp through the admin panel?
Players who don’t want to try to get or grow kelp in the usual way in the game can use the admin mode. More precisely, a special team, but before you do this, we strongly recommend that you make sure that the use of cheats is allowed in the world. Otherwise, nothing will work and the world will have to be created anew. If this item is in order, then follow the instructions below:
- After entering the game, you need to open the administrator mode – for this, on the English layout, just press the “T” button.
- After clicking, a small window will open on the screen on the left side – inside it, in the line below, you need to write the command “/give @p Minecraft: kelp” .
- Now, if the command was entered correctly and without quotes, it remains only to press the “Enter” key to confirm.
However, that’s not all there is to know when using admin mode with a command. For example, if you want to get a certain amount of kelp, you should write the same command with a certain number at the end. That is, the command may look like this – “/give @p Minecraft:kelp 64” . As a result, in this case, the character will receive a stack of kelp. The number can be changed to something else.
In addition, if for some reason you cannot use the command, although cheats are allowed and the developer console opens, use the command block. This is an extreme measure since the command is already written inside it. Subsequently, it will automatically activate as soon as the command block receives a signal coming from the red powder.
Secrets and tips
- In real life, if you compare kelp bushes with play bushes, they are not considered plants. Since scientists classify kelp as brown algae, and not as plants, as is commonly believed in the game.
- The maximum growth of kelp in Minecraft is 25 blocks. However, when the character plants this plant, the bush gets a random age – from 0 to 24. On the other hand, if you cut the top parts of the kelp, they will also get a random age and will continue to grow.
In addition to the fact that dried kelp can be obtained from kelp, remember that they can serve as an excellent tool for creating elevators. Moreover, for their creation, there is no need to adhere to certain biomes. Thus, you can easily secure your own home or come up with some interesting solutions. As a last resort, if the process of growing kelp seems complicated, use the proposed mod to simplify these mechanics.