Initially, it may seem to any novice Minecraft player that gold is a useless resource. Since it can be used to make rather weak tools, weapons and armour. However, the key value of gold lies elsewhere.
And if you want to understand what exactly gold in Minecraft is for, where you can find it, at what height gold spawns in Minecraft and what recipes are associated with gold, then we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the material that is presented below. It breaks down all the key details point by point, so the guide gives the full amount of information.
Minecraft Gold: Ore Review
The appearance of gold is quite, so to speak, canonical. Initially, it is mined in blocks that have small gold nuggets inside, and after remelting, a full-fledged gold ingot is already obtained. Other than that, gold is not primarily used to create armour, weapons, or tools, but for completely different items. Therefore, there are several unique crafting recipes that are associated with gold.
Where to find gold ore?
Gold is a unique material that can be mined on the territory of not only the “Upper” but also the “Lower” world ( Hell in Minecraft ). Moreover, gold appears in all these worlds in a natural way in the form of blocks of gold ore, which can later be melted down into gold bars. And at the same time, blocks of gold ore are in no way tied to certain biomes, so they can be literally everywhere. Actually, if you need this resource, we advise you to learn how to get gold in Minecraft, which we talk about below.
How high is gold in Minecraft?
Blocks of gold ore, as a rule, in all biomes are generated at a height that ranges from 0 to 31 blocks. The only exception is the wasteland, as here blocks of gold ore are already generated at a height of 0 to 80 blocks.
As for the frequency, gold ore is most often found at a height of 5 to 28 blocks. And at the same time, much less often when it comes to heights from 29 to 31 blocks. Chunks, in turn, usually contain up to two blocks of gold ore. If we are talking about wastelands, then there, at a height of 32 to 80 blocks, there is a chance to stumble upon even 20 gold blocks of ore.
In addition, it should be understood that blocks of gold ore during the generation process often appear in the form of entire clusters. And one such accumulation can include up to nine gold blocks of ore. And, knowing at what height gold spawns in Minecraft, you will already understand where it is best to dig in order to spend less time.
Where to find gold bars?
- Method one – you can kill zombified piglins . It is from these mobs that gold bars fall out. However, the chance is not 100%, although it can be increased with an enchantment called Loot.
- The second way – can be found on the basis of natural generation. In all-natural structures where chests with loot appear, you can find gold ingots. The chances of all these buildings are different.
- The third way is with the help of cheats. Alternatively, you can use cheats like X-Ray. All of them are designed so that the character can find valuable resources without much effort and problems.
- The fourth way is with the help of commodity exchange. And the last way to get gold bars is bartering with a Biglin . To do this, you need to go to the territory of the “Lower World”, where you can exchange items with these mobs, in return for receiving gold bars.
How to make a gold farm?
You can get gold on the basis of an automatic farm only with the help of zombified piglins. And it is necessary to build it on the territory of the “Lower World”. Since this is corny rational because the character does not need a huge amount of resources for construction. This is due to the fact that in order to build an automatic farm, you need to have a lot of so-called “full” blocks with you.
From full blocks, experienced players create a platform on the territory of the “Lower World”, which in turn is located either above the infernal roof or above the lake with lava. Why this location? This is already due to the fact that it is necessary in the process of building an automatic farm to limit the spawn area of mobs to the platforms themselves.
The most striking example of this kind of gold farm in Minecraft is the “Perfect Gold Farm” created by a YouTuber under the nickname Snocrash, which can bring a character up to 7 thousand items within an hour. In fact, such a farm consists of three disks that are connected to each other using transitions, but at the same time they always hang strictly on top of each other and at the same time above the hellish bedrock. And since this kind of farm is quite complicated to build, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Russian-language video of this farm below:
How to get gold in Minecraft via admin mode?
Of course, the easiest way to get gold is through admin mode. More precisely, use a special command. However, before you decide to use it, please note that cheats must be allowed in the created world, otherwise you will not be able to use the administrator mode. Although if this is in order, then you need to do the following:
- Open the administrator mode, where there is a line for entering a command, using the “T” button on the English layout.
- Next, as soon as the corresponding window appears on the screen on the left, you need to register – “/give @p Minecraft:gold_ore” .
- At the same time, please note that the command should be entered without quotes, but if everything is done correctly, then all that remains is to press the “Enter” button.
Finally, if one gold is not enough, then you can always specify the required number of gold nuggets. To do this, just at the end of the command, you need to prescribe the required amount of gold. For example, the command might look like this – “/give @p Minecraft:gold_ore 64” . As a result, in this case, the character will receive a whole stack of gold.
Gold mods for Minecraft
- Mod “Better Gold” . Thanks to this mod, gold in Minecraft will become more useful. And all due to the fact that the modification adds a bunch of new recipes for crafting. Moreover, now even armour and weapons will become more effective.
- Mod «Gold In Them Thar Hills» . An interesting project that from now on will allow the character to mine gold nuggets not in the usual way, but with the help of water and tools that are designed to wash sand.
Secrets and tips
- Gold bars are the first items that a character can create based on two recipes at once if desired.
- Despite the fact that gold in Minecraft among players is not a highly sought-after resource, many players still perceive gold as an extremely valuable and rare resource.
- Apparently, iron and gold bars have the same textures. Therefore, the developers, most likely, simply decided to recolour one texture, while not radically changing it.
You should not skip blocks of gold ore if they are caught in the process of travelling or exploring dungeons. It is even better to sacrifice iron than gold because while it makes no sense to make armour or weapons with gold tools, there are many other items that will be equally useful. And to create them, you need to have gold with you. Therefore, we recommend that you always stock up on gold in sufficient quantities so that the character always has it at hand.