Like many other innovations, copper blocks in Minecraft were also originally presented at the Minecraft Live exhibition, which took place in 2020. However, the key difference between copper blocks and many others is that once added, they have many uses and crafting recipes. In other words, these are not just decorative blocks, but extremely useful materials.
With the release of version 1.17 of the game, many new copper blocks have been added. And since these are completely new materials, many players are not too familiar with them. In this regard, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the guide, which is presented below. The material contains detailed information on all types of copper blocks.
Copper Block Minecraft: Block Review
Copper blocks are fundamentally different from any other blocks that exist in Minecraft or were added with the release of the update. In addition, copper blocks are divided into four types at once (more detailed information on the types is presented below). In addition, copper blocks have several crafting recipes and consist of unique materials that have been added to the game relatively recently.
How to make a copper block in Minecraft?
- Method one – using copper ingots. To do this, it is necessary to extract copper ore, which is subsequently fired. Subsequently, a copper ingot is obtained, thanks to which it is already possible to create a copper block.
- Method two – using waxing. Thanks to waxing, copper blocks can be waxed later if desired. And for this, all that is needed is to use honeycombs.
- The third way is with the help of a lightning strike. If lightning strikes an unwaxed copper block, then it, in turn, will begin to deoxidize. At the same time, adjacent blocks with a certain probability can also lose several levels of oxidation next.
Types of copper blocks in Minecraft
Oxidation of the copper block in the game
- Stages of oxidation. The first thing to note is that copper blocks include 4 stages of oxidation (along with the original state). In addition, over time, such blocks receive a new stage, but if desired, it can be removed either with a lightning strike or with an ax.
- Oxidation dependency. Another important detail is that the process of oxidizing copper blocks depends strictly on what random cycles were. In other words, water, rain, or blocks of copper next to other blocks will not be able to affect the process of obtaining new oxidation stages.
- Feature of the version of the game ” Java Edition “. Here, each random cycle has a strictly defined probability – it is equal to 64⁄1125. It is this probability that is responsible for the condition, which in the game is called “pre-oxidation”. And with this process, the block is given 20 minutes to oxidize.
How to get a copper block in Minecraft via admin mode?
There are only four main types of copper blocks, but in addition, there are many subspecies. And the easiest way to get absolutely any block is to use the admin mode with commands. However, before you decide to use them, make sure that cheats are allowed in the created world.
Otherwise, you will have to create a new one and allow cheats. One way or another, while in the game, you will have to press the “T” key (mandatory on the English layout), after which you should enter any text ID shown in the screenshot below:
For a better understanding, if you don’t understand at all how to enter a command, please note that any text ID must have a key command prefix – “/give @p Minecraft:”. For example, if you want to get an aged copper block, then you should write – “/give @p Minecraft:weathered_copper”. In this case, any command must be written without quotes.
If you want to get more than one block, then it is enough to put a “Space” after the prescribed command and indicate the required number of blocks. Alternatively, you can write “/give @p Minecraft:weathered_copper 64”, due to which the character will receive a whole stack of blocks.
In addition, if for some reason it is not possible to register a command, then we recommend using the capabilities of the command block. Working with them is quite simple: a command is written inside it, which is then activated automatically as soon as the block receives a signal from the red stone.
Secrets and tips
- If you wish, you can even mine copper blocks in Minecraft with a stone pickaxe. However, it goes without saying that, as with other blocks, the better the pickaxe, the faster the block will break.
- Thanks to the ax, it will be possible to scrape off the wax that is on the copper blocks, as well as to gradually remove the stages of oxidation. It should be understood that the axe first removes the wax and only after that the oxidation is already removed.
- There is a certain chance to get copper ingots from drowned people. Thus, if desired, it is possible to make a renewable source of extraction of this material.
Copper blocks are one of the most interesting materials that have been added recently. And all thanks to the fact that several complex, but curious mechanics are associated with them. At first glance, all of them may seem quite complicated, but in fact, everything works quite logically and simply.