Since version 1.17, Minecraft has received a lot of new features. This is due to the fact that in this update, the developers have implemented most of the ideas and ideas that were first presented at the Minecraft Live 2020 exhibition. At the same time, the authors touched not only mobs, biomes, blocks and crafting recipes, but also plants. For example, from now on, a plant called Hardleaf has been added to the game.
And this plant is distinguished by its own distinctive details, as well as nuances. Therefore, it is not surprising that many players need material that will tell you in detail about all the details. And this applies not only to new players, but also to more experienced ones, who are also just starting to study the update. In any case, for a better understanding, we recommend that you read the guide below.
Hardwood in the game Minecraft: block overview
First of all, it is worth noting that the hardwood in Minecraft is the common name for different variants of this plant. However, the hardboards have no practical purpose as they are purely decorative blocks. And they don’t have any unique crafting recipes either. As for the appearance, they, regardless of the type, have a bright green color with roots at the end. Between species, they differ only in size.
Types of hard sheets in Minecraft
- Option one – young hardwood. It is also an ornamental plant, which subsequently develops into a large hard leaf. Outwardly, it is distinguished by a large and long root with several petals.
- Option two – large hardwood . We can say that this is the final stage of hardwood growth. However, despite this fact, the plant still remains decorative even in this form.
How to make a hardboard in the game?
It should be noted right away that there are no recipes for creating hard sheets in Minecraft. And the only way to get them is to mine them. However, depending on the variant of the plant, the methods of obtaining are slightly different.
- Features of the extraction of young hardwood . There are two options for obtaining this plant variant. And the first way is to purchase a young hardwood from traveling merchants who visit the character’s place of residence. He, as a rule, puts up for sale 2 young hardwoods at a price of 1 emerald .
However, this is not all. Alternatively, a young hardwood can also be found in its characteristic biome. And this biome is called Lush Green Caves. So far, this plant cannot be obtained anywhere else.
- Features of a large hard sheet . To obtain this variant of the plant, the character must first find bone meal. After that, it must be applied to a young hardwood. And as a result, you get a big solid sheet.
- Suitable blocks . Young types of hardwood can be placed in Minecraft on only three types of blocks: 1 – on clay blocks, 2 – on earth blocks (they also include a bed, rocky earth, grass and podzol), 3 – on moss blocks . In the latter case, this can be done only if the moss block is located in water, the depth of which is no more than 2 blocks.
- Hardwood as a platform . An interesting detail is that the character, after the hardstone becomes large, will be able to stand on it as if it were a regular block. On the other hand, after a second and a half, that is, about 30 in-game ticks, the sheet (on which the character stood) will fall and will no longer be able to hold the character on it.
Moreover, the leaves can hold the character indefinitely with the help of red dust. To do this, you need to activate the device. In this case, the leaves will only drop if the mechanism is deactivated.
- Features of growth . When a character uses bonemeal on a young hardwood, then a large hardwood will appear next, which increases by 1 game block.
- Other details . Under those hardsheets that have grown and were located above any variant of a solid block, the character will be able to crawl freely. All that is required for this is to wait for the moment when the sheet of hardboard gets tired and falls.
What to destroy?
In general, you can even destroy a hardboard with a character’s hand. However, if you need to get this plant, you will have to use scissors. Otherwise, if you destroy this plant with any other object or hand, then the Hardwood will not fall out as an object.
How to plant a hardwood in Minecraft?
Based on everything that is presented above, it can be understood that the main requirement for planting a hardboard is blocks. That is, first you extract a young hardwood with scissors, after which you install a block of clay, earth and moss, on which you plant a young hardwood in the usual way.
How to get a hardboard through the admin panel?
For those who have no desire to search for hardwood and grow it, we suggest using the administrator mode, where you can write a command and get this plant in unlimited quantities. But before you decide to use cheats, you should make sure that they are allowed in the world. Otherwise, you will have to create a new world where they will be allowed. And as soon as you solve this problem, you can already use the instructions:
- You should start by activating the developer mode and you can do this using the usual “T” key on the English layout.
- Next, a translucent window will open on the screen in the world, where below is a line for commands – you need to write in it “/give @p minecraft:small_dripleaf” or “/give @p minecraft:big_dripleaf” .
- In the first case, the character will receive – a young hardwood, and in the second – a large hardwood, but in any case, after the command, you need to press the “Enter” key to get the necessary items.
It is worth noting that in this case the character will receive only 1 unit of the plant, so if you want to get more, for example, a whole stack (that is, 64 pieces), then at the end, after any command presented, you need to put a “Space” and write the required number. Thus, the command can look like this – “/give @p minecraft:big_dripleaf 64” .
In addition, any command is written without quotes, but if even in this case it is not possible to use the command or even administrator mode, then we suggest using the command block functions. After you put it, the command should be written inside it. At the end, it is activated automatically after the signal from the Redstone reaches the command block.
Secrets and tips
- Hardleaf will be instantly destroyed even if you decide to push it with a regular piston or a sticky piston. Thus, the only way to get the plant is to use scissors.
- At the moment, the only way to get Young Hardleaf is to purchase the plant from the Traveling Trader. Because their characteristic biome has not yet been added to the game.
With the release of Minecraft 1.17, players have at their disposal a lot of unique plants and blocks, thanks to which you can decorate the environment or house in an interesting way. And hardwood is no exception – it is quite a beautiful plant with its own characteristics.