Many experienced players call this place not only a fortress but also a citadel. And in itself, it is a natural structure that was added with the release of an update called “Adventure Update”. At the same time, this kind of thing appears absolutely randomly in the process of generating a place, and in order to find a fortress, the character needs to use the so-called ” Eye of the Edge “.
On the other hand, this is not all the nuances of the fortress. There are a few more extremely important points that any novice player should be aware of. However, the material presented below will also help more experienced players refresh their memory. Since the guide contains detailed information on all the details of the fortress. For example, you will learn how to find a fortress in Minecraft, why you need a fortress in the game at all, what resources you can collect here, and many other secrets.
Fortress in Minecraft: building overview
The Underground Citadel in Minecraft is a rather complex variant of the structure in Minecraft, which includes several variants of stone bricks, which in turn consist of several inclined floors with spiral staircases. At the same time, the rooms are separated from each other by iron and wooden doors. In addition, there are often special buttons next to iron doors. In any case, if you do not try to describe each block, then several main premises can be distinguished near the fortress:
- Prison room. It consists mainly if we note the most remarkable details, of cells with bars.
- Library room. Can be a single tier or double tier. But at the same time, he always has at his disposal: bookcases, cobwebs and chests located in the corners.
- Warehouse (or storage) . It is a room that has a low ceiling and a wooden floor, inside of which there are chests. The rest of the storage does not contain anything interesting.
- The fountain is ordinary and the fountain is without water. The latter option is often called an “obelisk”, but the character will not be able to find any remarkable details or objects inside the room, except for those furnished around the torches.
- A room with a portal to the territory of the End. And finally, the key place that can be found inside the fortress. And the room differs in two details: the first is a portal to the End, the second is the presence of a silverfish spawner.
Last but not least, quite often during the generation process, the fortress intersects or even mixes with other structures such as an abandoned mine, treasury or canyon. And the fortress itself, meanwhile, has no logical entrance or exit, so the character always has to create it on his own.
How to find a fortress in Minecraft?
Quite often, the citadel will be generated not only underground, but also slightly below sea level. Although purely underwater, they can also be found. However, there are some differences between certain versions of the game, so we recommend that you familiarize yourself with them:
- Features of the version of the game ” Bedrock Edition “. Here, fortresses will always be generated in a completely unlimited volume. In addition, sometimes they can even be found right under the village of civilians or at the very bottom of the ocean but provided that there is land nearby. Moreover, the citadel can be found here even on the territory of the Far Lands. And this is due to the fact that the process of generating such a structure begins with the appearance of a spiral staircase.
- Features of the game ” Java Edition “. The first thing that this version differs in is the limited number of fortresses. Since one game world cannot contain more than 128 fortresses. At the same time, they are generated based on a formula, but in general, you can rely on the scheme that is presented below.
What else can help in the search of a fortress? In general, players in the process of searching either use the “Eye of the Edge”, which indicates the path to the location of the fortress, or use the following tips:
- The first way is to use commands. To do this, you must use the administrator mode, thanks to which the appropriate command is prescribed, which indicates the location.
- The second way is to use cheats. For example, some programs like X-Ray help to view the territory. And thanks to this, you can, accordingly, find the desired fortress.
- The third way is to use the Eye of the Edge. It has already been mentioned before. The Eye of Ender is a standard, vanilla and in-game feature in Minecraft to find a stronghold. And this method is intended for those who want to play, and not use third-party auxiliary commands and cheats.
What resources can be found?
Before you get acquainted with the list, you should understand that it can be safely divided into two parts. The first includes those items that can be found inside the chests, and the second – the blocks that can be obtained in the fortress.
What mobs will spawn?
In fact, the list of mobs that can be found here is small. More precisely, the only mobs that can be found here live – these are silverfish. And they appear thanks to an unusual block called “Infected Stone”. Otherwise, no other mobs can be found here.
Fortress Mods in Minecraft
- Mod “Stronghold Compass”. An excellent and extremely useful modification that will enable the character to create a unique compass. And its key feature is that it will show the nearest place where there is a fortress with a portal to the Territory.
- Mod “YUNG’s Better Strongholds” . The author of this mod decided to radically rework and thereby improve the fortress. And from now on, this place contains hundreds of rooms, various traps and much more. In general, with this mod, the fortress will really turn into a place where hundreds of living creatures lived.
How to find a fortress quickly through the admin panel?
Alternatively, you can find the fortress using a special command through the administrator mode. However, before you decide to do this, you should know that depending on the version of the game, the way you use and enter the command is slightly different. In particular, this applies to the team itself. In any case, you need to do the following:
- In the version of the game “Java Edition,” you need to open a chat window, then enter the command – ” locate Stronghold”.
- In the version of the game “Bedrock Edition,” you need to open a chat window, then enter the command – ” locate s stronghold”.
It is not difficult to guess that the teams differ from each other only by the presence of one letter. In this case, after the command is entered, the nearest coordinates of the fortress will appear. Therefore, all that remains for the character is to get to the specified place.
Minecraft Fortress Seeds
- Seed – 1556388534623276506. Initially, it may seem that this is an extremely simple seed since there is nothing interesting around. However, in reality, this is not the case, since there is a fortress nearby, which has a library at its disposal, as well as a massive cave. In any case, if you are interested in such a seed, then below are the coordinates of all the key places.
- Sid – -6533320452545774686 . The key distinguishing feature of this seed is the mass of islands around it. And at the same time, there is a large fortress right under the water, which has all the key attributes. In addition, if desired, you can also use the treasury nearby. If you are interested in the seed, then below are the coordinates of the key places.
- Seed – 6088217790437729013. Extremely rich seed. After appearing, temples, a huge village of civilians, several treasures, mob spawners and even an abandoned mine will appear next to the character. At the same time, there is also an underground fortress nearby. So, if you want to have everything at once, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the coordinates below.
- Sid – 3510805798314793629. Another unusual seed, where the fortress is located directly under the water. At the same time, the fortress itself has a lot of chests, inside of which are extremely useful items. In addition, in this seed, there is another fortress nearby, as well as a treasury and a lot of gold ore as an addition. In this regard, if you are interested in this seed, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the coordinates below.
- Seed – 122715510869867929. Well, the last seed immediately offers 4 adjacent witch huts, several treasures, a lot of diamond/gold veins and, of course, a fortress. Therefore, if you want a rich start, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the coordinates below for a better understanding of where and what is located.
Secrets and tips
- Since you can find silverfish in the Minecraft fortress, this is considered their habitat. However, despite this fact, only 5% of the blocks in this place are infected blocks. And almost half of all blocks are stone bricks.
- Before you go inside the fortress, you should know that this structure often has hidden rooms. Moreover, sometimes hidden behind these hidden rooms is a portal leading to the End.
- Despite the importance of the fortress and what can be found there, there is only one achievement for finding the fortress. It’s called the “Watching Eye” and all the character needs to do is follow the Eye of Ender to get the achievement.
Sooner or later, the fortress will have to be found because otherwise, it will not be possible to get to the territory of the world “The Edge”, where the main boss of the whole game lives. Therefore, be sure to follow this guide if you are suddenly an inexperienced player, but want to find this unusual place.