A brewing stand (aka a potion maker) is a key block thanks to which you can brew potions in Minecraft. Of course, in addition to the brewing stand, you need to have other basic materials with you, but this block is the main tool on which you can place the ingredients for potion brewing. Thus, without this means for potions, the character will not succeed in any way.
Therefore, if you want to understand the nuances of the mechanics of the hob or find out how you can create a hob, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the material that is presented below. This guide provides detailed information on all the key parts of a potion maker, where you will learn how to make a brewing stand in Minecraft, how this item works, what potions you can brew in the game and much more.
Minecraft Cooking Hub
- Option one – using a crafting recipe. To do this, the character will have to have with him: a fire rod obtained from ifrit Minecraft, and cobblestones (Blackstone and crushed slate blocks are also suitable as an alternative to the latter material).
- Option two – with the help of natural generation. Alternatively, a brewing stand can still be found without having to craft the tool with materials. And there are three places where you can find a brewing stand in Minecraft: 1 – in the territory of the “City of the End”; 2 – inside the igloo dungeons ; 3 – on the territory of the villages of civilians (specifically inside the priest’s house).
How does the brewing stand work in the game?
- Fundamentals. To use the cooking stand, first of all, it must be placed in any convenient place in the game world, after which you need to right-click on it. And if you want to place a potion, for example, on top of a stove, workbench or any other block that has an interface, you need to use the brewing stand with the RMB key on the wall above the place where the block stands.
- Features a potion maker interface. This element of the potion always consists of a peculiar pattern, which is depicted in a schematic way. And it presents a rack, cells and several indicators that talk about the cooking process.
- Slots. Inside the brewing rack, the bottom three slots are always for flasks of water or source potions. The upper-left cell is for fuel, i.e. fire powder. As for the top cell, it is responsible for the ingredient/material/component, which in turn will be added to what is contained inside the flasks.
- Materials and their consumption. Another important point when using a potion is that the cost of the delivered material does not depend on how many flasks were installed in the other bottom 3 slots. In other words, three potions can be created at once with the help of one ingredient in one potion brewing time.
- Cooking mechanics. As soon as the fuel indicator is full, and the installed component is suitable for crafting for at least one flask, automatic brewing of the potion will follow (this process always lasts for 20 seconds). At the end of this process, the flasks that are placed below will be mixed with the contents of the flask and the upper slot, resulting in a potion.
- Fuel. It has already been mentioned above that firepower is needed for the operation of the brewing stand. So, in addition to this, it should also be added that one unit of fire powder is enough for 20 brews, that is, potion brewing operations.
- Management. And finally, it is worth noting that, if desired, using the cooking stand in Minecraft, you can quickly load items using the “Shift” key. At the same time, keep in mind that items and materials that are in no way related to potion brewing cannot be moved to the available potion brewing slots.
- Mod “Four Bottles Brewing Stand” . Over time, when the character begins to do potions on a large scale, that is, he prepares one potion after another, this process becomes tedious. And this mod solves this problem by shortening/speeding up the potion brewing process. In addition, a completely new brewing stand will appear in the game and its key advantage is that it will make it possible to create 4 potions at once. And in general, potion mods in Minecraft are very convenient additions to the overall gameplay.
- Mod “Extra Alchemy” . Thanks to this mod, the possibilities of potion brewing will be greatly expanded. After installing it, from now on it will be possible to brew completely new potions, combining familiar items in a slightly different way. All in all, a great extension for a hob.
How to get a potion rack in Minecraft via admin mode?
The easiest way to get a hob is to use the admin console. Yes, and this is not so difficult to do, unlike finding the right materials. Therefore, if you are interested in this method, then follow the instructions below:
- Open admin mode using the “T” key on the English keyboard.
- Next, a building will open, in which you need to register – “/give @p Minecraft:brewing_stand” .
- As soon as the command is registered, the only thing left to do is to press “Enter”.
Finally, please note that the presented command is written without quotes. And if suddenly one rack is not enough, then just put a “Space” at the end of the command and indicate the required number of brewing racks. For example, the final command might look like this – “/give @p Minecraft:brewing_stand 64”.
And if suddenly it is not possible to register command in the chat window, then do not be afraid. This sometimes happens, although the most common problem is that the team is too big. In any case, you must use the command block. Then it remains only to register the command inside it, and it will subsequently be activated automatically as soon as the signal from the Redstone reaches the block.
Secrets and tips
- Surprisingly, using the brewing stand you can get only one achievement – “Local Potion Master”. Although potion-related achievements cannot be obtained without a brewing stand.
- Initially, cauldrons were used for potion brewing, although later a brewing stand was added and the cauldrons lost their capabilities. However, they are still used for this purpose in the “Bedrock Edition” version of the game.
- While moving the character inside the trolley, you can try to go inside the brewing stand, that is, to open the interface. However, after passing a few blocks, there will be an automatic exit from the Potions interface. Some players use this bug for certain purposes, for example, to use dupes in Minecraft .
- Initially, fire powder was not required for brewing potions. And when they decided to add it, then one fiery powder was enough for 30 brews. However, the developers decided to reduce this number to 20.
- The fastest way to destroy a brewing stand is with a diamond, nephrite , and gold pickaxe, and all of these picks, even though they are made of different materials, have the same rate of destruction.
A cooking stand in Minecraft is a must-have block that any player should have in their home. Because at a certain stage, without potions, it will be extremely difficult to overcome further obstacles of the game. And potions, meanwhile, literally solve all these problems. However, even fighting with potions becomes much easier. Especially with bosses.