The cauldron belongs to man-made blocks, but at the same time, the developers initially planned to make a tool out of them that would allow players to create potions. They subsequently changed their mind. The reason is the inconvenient use of the boiler. Thus, the cooking stand replaced the boiler. Although at the same time, the cauldron remained in Minecraft, since they found another use for it.
Now the boiler serves mainly as a place where water is stored. So thanks to him, you can, for example, collect either one bucket of water, or three flasks of water. On the other hand, since it is much easier to collect water using some reservoir nearby, boilers, as a rule, play a decorative role.
After the update for Minecraft 12w22a, boilers have slightly expanded their capabilities – from now on they can collect rainwater. In any case, if you want to learn about all the nuances of boilers, as well as understand how to use or make them, then we recommend that you read the material below, where we tell you how to make a boiler in Minecraft, why you need it, how to use it in-game and many other details.
Minecraft Cauldron Overview
To begin with, it is worth noting that the boiler in Minecraft can not only be made but also found. At the same time, you can destroy the boiler with absolutely any pickaxe. Once destroyed, the cauldron will subsequently drop like a normal item. In addition, all the contents inside the cauldron will eventually be lost after destruction. In any case, there are several ways to get a cauldron:
- The first is by ordinary (natural) generation. Can be found inside witches ‘ huts, inside the igloo basement, inside the forest mansion and on the territory of civilian villages. However, each of these options has several extremely important nuances.
Typically, witches’ huts include one empty cauldron, but in the “Pocket Edition” version of the game, the cauldron will spawn with a potion – either random or exploding. In the basement of the igloo, everything is a little different – the boiler always appears, but it is usually filled with 2/3 of water.
As for the forest mansion, there are no nuances here. But on the territory of the village of civilians, the cauldron always appears, provided that there is a house of a tanner resident.
- The second is to use a crafting recipe. This is the last way to get a cauldron, for which you first need to acquire 7 iron ingots. And after the character has the materials, you need to use the workbench and do the following:
How to colour the water in the boiler?
The first step is to understand that the water in the boiler can not only be dyed but the dye can also be washed off if desired. However, the cauldron can only contain coloured water in certain versions of the game – this only applies to the Legacy Console and Bedrock Edition versions. Although this is not all you need to know:
- The process of washing off the paint. This is the first thing to learn – paint can be washed off shulker boxes and leather armour. In addition, if desired, you can remove the upper part of the layer that has the image on the flag. In addition, after each wash, the amount of water inside the boiler decreases.
- The use of dyes . In general, there is nothing complicated about this: you collect water inside the boiler, after which you use the dye on the water, again inside the boiler. As a result, the color of the water will change. And if you use horse armor or leather armor on the cauldron, then colored water will color these items in the colors that were contained inside the cauldron.
How to use the boiler in the game?
The main purpose of the existence of the boiler is to fill it with a bucket of water. And the same thing can be done the other way around, that is, using an empty bucket, take all the water from the boiler. In this case, all this is done with the help of one button – RMB. In addition, one filling level of water in the boiler can be increased using a conventional water flask.
Slightly slower the boiler will fill with water on its own when it rains. In addition, a boiler with water can be installed even on the territory of the “Lower World”. And finally, the water in the cauldron does not absorb damage from explosions, nor does it absorb damage from Ifrits and Endermen.
How to pour a potion into a cauldron?
In fact, there is nothing difficult in this, since it is enough to place bubbles with contents in the three lower slots, and then put an empty bubble in the top one. After that, the cooking process will begin, at the end of which you need to pick up the finished potion.
Cauldron Mods in Minecraft
- Cauldron Brewing mod. This project significantly expands the capabilities of the boilers, which are limited in some versions. Thanks to him, from now on, you can not only place various kinds of liquids inside the boiler but also engage in cooking. And all it takes is just throwing in the right ingredients. At the same time, the mod does not use new recipes, so all crafting remains vanilla.
- Mod “Cauldrons”. With this mod, you can greatly diversify the types of boilers. Modification is perfect for all those who want to add a little variety to the usual elements.
- Cauldron Overhaul mod. Another rather useful mod, the key feature of which is that it can be used to store any kind of liquids inside the boiler. From now on, the cauldron is not limited to exceptional water, coloured water, or potions. If desired, you can now even fill the cauldron with lava.
How to get a boiler in administrator mode?
And although it’s quite simple to create a cauldron on your own, compared to many other items, sometimes you don’t want to spend resources on it. Well, or corny want to get this block as quickly as possible. Therefore, we suggest using the administrator mode, where you need to register the appropriate command. You can do all this as follows:
- Open the administrator mode first – for this, the English button “T” is used.
- Next, as soon as the corresponding window opens, you need to insert the command into the uppercase line – “/ give @p Minecraft: cauldron” .
- At the same time, please note that the command is inserted without quotes, and after it is inserted, you should press the “Enter” key.
In addition, keep in mind that you can get several boilers at once – for this, you need to put a “Space” after the command. And then specify the required number of boilers to receive. For ease of understanding, the command with the specified number of items may look like this – “/give @p Minecraft: cauldron 5” (as a result, the character will receive 5 cauldrons in this case).
Well, if suddenly for some reason it is not possible to register a command, then we recommend using a command block that works based on a signal from a Redstone. That is, when you write command, it will be activated automatically as soon as the signal reaches the block.
Secrets and tips
- There is a small flaw: boilers with water, when destroyed, have cracked even on water. Moreover, if there is no water inside, then cracks will not appear during the destruction process. That is, they diverge in water, but not in air.
- On the territory of the “Lower World”, the water inside the boiler does not evaporate. And this can be used to fill flasks with water, extinguish a character or any other creature if it is on fire.
- And if earlier a character or any other creature did not stop burning while inside a cauldron of water, now this error has been fixed. Therefore, if desired, you can even just climb inside the boiler with water.
- Although the cauldron contains water, if water is poured over the cauldron, it will not eventually enter the cauldron and it will not fill up with it. In other words, in order to fill the cauldron, it is necessary to press RMB with a bucket of water on the cauldron.
Of course, as you survive in Minecraft, you can do without a boiler, but if you decide to go to the territory of the ” Nether ” or “End”, then boilers with water can come in handy there, due to the fact that they can easily store water, which, as a result, does not evaporate.