A bucket is a container through which you can carry various liquids (water, lava and milk), as well as some variants of fish. The bucket is an integral part of the gameplay, as it is primarily useful in the process of creating forms, artificially created channels, lakes, or, for example, in the process of creating various obsidian structures.
In any case, if you want to understand all the nuances and features of interaction with a bucket, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the material that is presented below. On the other hand, the material will also be useful for those who want to refresh their memory or learn a crafting recipe. In general, the guide contains all the most useful information, for example, how to make a bucket in Minecraft, what mods exist for it, how to draw water into a bucket, and many other important points about the game.
Bucket in Minecraft: item overview
How to make a bucket in Minecraft?
- The first way is to get it using natural generation. There is an 18.5% chance that the bucket will be found inside chests found in woodland mansions and treasuries. However, the number of buckets found cannot exceed 1. In addition, it should be added that starting from game version 1.14, buckets can be found inside chests on the territory of civilian villages – in such places the probability of a bucket appearing is 11.3%. Therefore, making a bucket in Minecraft does not mean crafting it. You can immediately get a ready-made version.
- Method two – you can use crafting. All that is required for this is to get the character iron ingots in the amount of three pieces, after which you can create a bucket using a workbench. The recipe looks like this:
How to use it?
- Interaction with animals . If desired, you can get milk using a bucket: to do this, you need to approach the cow standing next to it, and then click on the right mouse button. As for the cow, it will subsequently give unlimited buckets of milk.
- Possibilities of a bucket of water. You should know that thanks to two buckets of water, the character has the opportunity to create a reservoir that is unlimited in area, that is, you can create an endless reservoir. Since you can use the unique property of water in the game – cloning.
- Stacks. Always remember that empty buckets are always stacked, but if we are talking about a bucket that has milk, lava, water or some kind of fish inside, then stacking it all according to the principle of stacks will not work.
- Use in construction. Thanks to 10 buckets of water and lava, if desired, you can create a portal that leads to the underworld, while obsidian is not required from the word at all to create it. With proper skill, the portal to the Nether can be built even with the help of one bucket, but for this, you need to have either a lake of lava nearby or a reservoir (in the case of a lava bucket). As a result, the character does not even need to create a diamond pickaxe.
Bucket of water in Minecraft
In order to pour or scoop water in the game, it is necessary, to have a bucket in the character’s hands, to click on the water with the right mouse button. At the same time, you should understand and do not forget that you can only draw water into a bucket in Minecraft from a source. In other words, when you take on water, you need to aim either directly at the bottom of the water, or at the nearest wall.
Lava bucket in Minecraft
In general, when it comes to lava, the rules for interacting with it are similar to those presented in the case of water. Thus, it is still necessary to click on the RMB, and also try to aim at the bottom of the lava or at a nearby wall. This is how you can collect a bucket of lava in Minecraft and transfer the burning liquid to another place.
How to catch an axolotl in a bucket in Minecraft?
Surprisingly, this process also does not differ from the usual fishing in a bucket. Since all that is required for this character is to find an axolotl , after which it remains only to right-click on the fish. As a result, you get a bucket with an axolotl.
Minecraft bucket mods
- Mod “Get In The Bucket” . At first glance, it may seem that this is a strange mod, but if you think about it, it will turn out to be extremely useful during the game. In general, with its help, you can catch absolutely any mob in a bucket, and then release it in the most convenient or right place. For example, thanks to this feature, there is no need for a long time and you need to take the animals to your farm.
- Mod “Apocalyptic Buckets”. Another unusual but interesting mod. Its key feature is that buckets of paint will be added to the game, which, after being applied, instantly paint the entire surface. However, not only ordinary paints are used, but also, for example, relief options. For example, but you can fill the area with magma or ice . If desired, you can even create a terrain with bedrock.
- Mod «More Buckets». Sooner or later, at some point, a mod was supposed to appear that makes the standard, vanilla buckets more capacious. And this mod just realized this idea. With it, the capacity of the buckets will be 10 ordinary buckets, thanks to which you can save a lot of time.
- Mod “Wooden Buckets”. Thanks to him, a new thematic variant of buckets will appear in the game – buckets made of wood. For example, with him at the beginning of the game, you can not bother yourself with mining iron ingots but immediately create wooden buckets.
- Mod “BUCKET CRAFT”. Well, the last mod, also expands the variety of buckets. However, if the past adds only one option, then this one adds several at once. From now on in Minecraft, buckets can be crafted from stone, gold, diamonds, and even obsidian. Moreover, each of them will have its own unique properties, which can be extremely useful for the character.
How to get a bucket in Minecraft through admin mode?
The easiest way to get absolutely any item (including a bucket) is using the administrator mode with the appropriate commands. It’s also quite simple since the instruction looks like this:
- Open the administrator mode, that is, the console, using the “T” button (the keyboard layout must be in English).
- Next, as soon as the chat window opens in front of you (administrator mode), you need to register the command – “/give @p Minecraft: bucket”.
- Further, as soon as the command is written (required without quotes), press the “Enter” key to activate it.
In addition, please note that if one bucket is not enough, then you can additionally put a “Space” at the end and indicate the required number of buckets. For example, the command might look like this – “/give @p Minecraft: bucket 64” (that is, the character will receive a stack of buckets). And finally, if you suddenly cannot write command, then use the command block: write the presented command inside it, after which it will be activated automatically as soon as the block receives a signal from the red stone.
In any case, you can’t do without a bucket in Minecraft. These tools greatly simplify many elements of the gameplay, for example, it is much easier to create a farm with them. As a last resort, buckets are indispensable if you need to get milk or if you need to create a portal that leads to the ” Lower World “. And thanks to mods, you can greatly simplify their creation, for example, you can create wooden buckets and literally from the start create bread. In general, there are many options, but they all say that buckets are an important part of the game. So if you have not installed a mod to increase the capacity, stock up on dozens of buckets.