Obsidian in the world of Minecraft is the most durable block, which is far from easy to destroy. And you can get this resource only either in the “Adventure” or “Survival” mode. However, obsidian does not appear in every place, although it will not be difficult for a character to create obsidian blocks, because for this you just need to find a source of lava and get water.
On the other hand, even though it is easy to create obsidian blocks, it will not work to get this material in the same way. Since in order to be able to destroy obsidian and, accordingly, get it, you need to acquire high-level tools.
In any case, if you want to understand how to create, find and mine obsidian in Minecraft, we recommend that you read the material below. This guide is intended for those players who either want to “refresh” their memory (remember recipes or other nuances), or are just starting their adventures and looking for useful information.
Obsidian in Minecraft: block overview
Obsidian blocks can only be mined with either a Diamond Pickaxe or a Netherite Pickaxe. At the same time, if you do not enchant a diamond pickaxe, then the time for obtaining obsidian along with it will be 9.4 seconds. If you try to extract obsidian with any other tool or even with the character’s hands, then the time to destroy the block will be 250 seconds of real-time. With an enchantment called ” Efficiency ” (5th level), the time to destroy an obsidian block will be 2.5 seconds. Thus, if you want to extract obsidian blocks most effectively, you cannot do without enchantments – with them, production will be increased by almost 4 times.
However, it should be understood that above we are talking about obsidian, which the character found on his own in the vastness of the world as he survived. There are other ways to find obsidian blocks that can also be mined, but the methods are slightly different:
- The first way is with the help of natural generation. You should know that obsidian in Minecraft can be found inside village chests (provided that a blacksmith with his forge lives in the village of civilians ). And also on the territory of the ruins of the bastion or thanks to the destroyed portals that lead to the lower world.
- The second way is with the help of barter. Alternatively, you can also trade items with piglins. Since there is a possibility that for one gold ingot in return they will give the character one block of obsidian. However, if the character managed to get to the “ Lower world ”, where piglins live, then you can use more efficient ways to extract obsidian.
Several of the ways to mine obsidian in Minecraft below are related to portals. In other words, the characters will have to use the mechanics of the game to create new portals, thanks to which ready-made sources of obsidian will appear. In any case, you need to do the following:
- One of the two players must remain in the Ordinary World area with a diamond or non-zerite pickaxe. At the same time, the second player must return to the Nether. Next, the player on the territory of the “Ordinary World” must destroy his portal, after which the player from the “Lower World” must return back to his friend. As a result, a new portal is created and a similar scheme can be used as much as you want.
- There is a second way to create portals. To do this, the player needs to move to the territory of the “Lower World” in order to extinguish the portal and die. After that, the character will respawn in the territory of the “Ordinary World”, where he can again go through the portal and create another building to move to the territory of the “Lower World”.
In addition to all that is presented above, there are also three ways to get obsidian blocks in the territory of the ” Edge ” dimension. However, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the most effective way:
- The first step is to defeat the ” Edge Dragon “. Next, you need to dismantle the obsidian pillars that exist there. And after the entire inventory and a bunch of chests are filled with obsidian, you just need to revive the boss, after which the pillars will appear again.
How to make obsidian in Minecraft?
In fact, there is nothing complicated in this regard, because, as mentioned above, in order to form obsidian blocks, it is necessary to merge water and lava. However, it should be understood that if water comes into contact with lava that flows, then the result will be a cobblestone. Otherwise, nothing complicated: find a source of lava that does not flow, but is in a standing state, fill it with water from a bucket, after which obsidian is obtained.
How to destroy?
It was already mentioned above that in order to get an obsidian block, you will need to have either a diamond or a non-zerite pickaxe with you. However, no mention was made of the strength and standard time to break a block. All these indicators are presented in the screenshot below:
In addition, as again mentioned above, if you enchant a pickaxe for “Efficiency”, the process will speed up. As a percentage, the extraction rate will increase by 23%. And below you can again see all the indicators in the screenshot presented:
How to make weeping obsidian?
What is it all about? Weeping obsidian blocks in Minecraft are a sub-variant of regular obsidian, which can be obtained in only two ways: the first is in the process of bartering; the second – if you can find it inside the chest, which are located next to the destroyed portals leading to the territory of the “Lower World”.
- Extraction by barter . This option is only available to piglins in the Nether. You can get from 1 to 3 units if you throw one gold ingot to these mobs. Of course, the chance of getting Weeping Obsidian is not 100%.
- Extraction by natural generation . In addition to the places presented above, weeping obsidian blocks can also be found inside the chests that are located on the territory of the ruins of the bastion.
Obsidian generator in Minecraft
The obsidian block generator is a design that allows you to get ready-made obsidian. And the meaning of any such construction comes down to the fact that lava is poured onto red dust, which is adjacent to water, after which obsidian is obtained from the dust. Therefore, if you want to build a similar structure, we recommend that you follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- The first step is to build a kind of “foundation”, which is the generator. And if it is not clear what it is or how to install it, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the screenshot below.
- Next you need to install the distributor. At the same time, a little below the place where the dispenser is installed, the prepared red dust should be placed on top of the block. Further, not far from this place, one block will have to be removed (since water will eventually have to flow into this place).
- Now you need to place a special grid, which will have a size of 3 by 2. Moreover, absolutely any buttons will do to implement the plan. The main thing is not to forget that you need to install blocks behind the dispenser with a button.
- At this small point, you need to place one bucket, which will have lava inside, inside the container, that is, your newly installed dispenser.
- And now the final part. After pressing the key, all the lava first merges, and then the dispenser begins to collect the source with lava inside the bucket (that is, empty). At the same time, the previously installed red dust will eventually burn out, after which it will receive obsidian ready for collection.
How to get obsidian in creative mode?
In fact, there is nothing complicated in this, because it is enough to press the “T” key (based on the English layout), write the command “/give @p Minecraft: obsidian” (without quotes) and finally press the “ Enter”.
However, as a rule, obsidian blocks are needed in large quantities, so we recommend that you put a “Space” at the end after the command and write the required number of blocks. For example, you can write “/give @p Minecraft: obsidian 64” so that the character gets a whole stack of obsidian blocks as a result.
Secrets and tips
- In fact, obsidian was taken from the real world. In reality, obsidian is an igneous rock, which consists of volcanic glass. And obsidian is formed by cooling the flowing magma.
- Thanks to obsidian in Minecraft, you can get three valuable achievements: the first is “Into the Inferno”, the second is “Spellcaster”, the third is “Two Elements”. Moreover, the latter is issued immediately after the character receives obsidian in his hands (no matter how).
- On the territory of the “Edge” is the largest accumulation of obsidian. Because there are pillars and ships. At the same time, the pillars can be restored again, even if for their destruction it is necessary to first kill the “Dragon of the Land”.
At a certain stage of survival, obsidian cannot be dispensed with. Since the character will need, sooner or later, to create an enchantment table and a portal to the territory of the “Lower World”. Without the appropriate enchantments, it will not be possible to survive and fight with many enemies, and simply reliably protect the character. And without a portal, you won’t be able to get the best equipment in the game, do potions, and many other equally important things.