Underwater ruins are, like so many other things, natural-looking structures that were introduced to Minecraft with the release of Update 1.13. And, in fact, they are either a whole structure or a group of structures, which in turn consist of stone (in the event that they appeared on the territory of the cold ocean) or sandstone (in the event that they appeared on the territory of the warm ocean) .
However, these are not all the most important details of the underwater ruins that every novice player should know about. Therefore, if you want to get acquainted with the information on underwater ruins in full, then we recommend that you study the guide, which is presented below. It presents and describes every detail related to the underwater ruins.
Minecraft Underwater Ruins: Location Overview
The first thing to know is that underwater ruins made of stone in the process of generation appear on the territory of strictly defined biomes. And this list includes ice oceanic, cold oceanic and temperate oceanic biome. Of course, this list also includes deep analogues of the listed biomes. As for the buildings, they will mainly consist of stone bricks or some of their subspecies.
With sandy underwater ruins, things are a little different. To begin with, it is worth noting that they appear only exclusively on the territory of the following biomes: warm oceanic, deep warm oceanic and just lukewarm. And the buildings look different, as they will consist, as a rule, of sand blocks, as well as sandstone subspecies.
Sometimes in Minecraft, it happens during the generation process and this is when underwater ruins appear on land, although most of them appear underwater. And much less often in the process of spawning, it happens that underwater ruins only peek out of the shore a little. In addition, a distinctive feature of the sandy underwater ruins is that chests are quite often hidden under blocks of sand here.
How to find underwater ruins in Minecraft?
- The first way is the study of biomes. It’s actually quite common to find ruins underwater. Since they are scattered around the world in a large volume, you can quite easily stumble. In addition, underwater ruins can be found even more often thanks to the drowned, who live mainly next to such natural structures.
- The second way is to use the search command. An even easier way to find some nearby underwater ruins is to use admin mode. There is nothing wrong or forbidden in this. Therefore, if you are interested in this method, then you can familiarize yourself with it in more detail below.
- The third way is using cheats. And the easiest way, but forbidden on public servers, is to use cheats. There are no cheats aimed specifically at finding underwater ruins, but you can use X-Ray (or any of its subspecies), which makes many blocks transparent, so you can easily detect any natural structure.
What resources can be found?
Since Minecraft received version 1.13, underwater ruins now have two chest options at their disposal. The first is a small chest. The second is a large chest. And, of course, depending on the chest, the resources are radically different. Therefore, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with each list, starting with the loot of a small chest:
What mobs will spawn?
The only mobs that spawn inside underwater ruins and are tied to these kinds of places are the drowned. All other mobs, like fish, are not part of the ruins. So even if you can find them nearby, they appear nearby not because of the ruins, but because they have such a large spawn area. Otherwise, no other hostile creatures will be encountered. Of course, if underwater ruins appear on land, then creepers , zombies and skeleton archers can be found nearby , but they are also not part of the underwater ruins.
Mods for underwater ruins in Minecraft
- Mod “Ruins”. Thanks to this mod, new natural structures will begin to appear around the world. And although it adds new options for sunken ships, in addition to them there will be new ruins, abandoned houses and much more, which will greatly diversify the world around the game.
- Treasure 2 mod. Another good project, thanks to which new variants of dungeons and other structures will appear. With it, a number of diverse structures will include dozens of ruins. And all of them will also be scattered around the world.
How to find underwater ruins in Minecraft with a team?
The easiest and safest way to find underwater ruins in Minecraft is to use the administrator mode. And all that is required for this is to open a chat using the “T” key on the English layout, and then enter the following command:
- If you play the version of the game “Java Edition”, then without quotes (required) you must register the command – “/locate Ocean_Ruin”.
- If you play the version of the game “Bedrock Edition”, then without quotes (required) you need to register the command – “/locate ruins”.
In this case, after the corresponding command is entered, the coordinates of the nearest place where the underwater ruins are located will appear on the screen. Thus, all that remains for the character is to get to the specified place.
Secrets and tips
- Any underwater ruin that spawns close enough to a nearby shore or shallow water will always be partially covered by either gravel or sand. And this is an extremely important note because in this case chests with items can be buried on the shore.
- Rarely enough, but still, sometimes it happens that underwater ruins are generated on the territory of the mushroom island. In this case, even in this case, the drowned will still appear next to their ruins.
Underwater ruins, like treasuries and shipwrecks, are extremely useful structures. And it’s not just that you can find chests with items inside. For example, thanks to them, you can kill the drowned, from which, in turn, you can already get a trident. Therefore, as soon as possible, be sure to explore these kinds of places.