At first glance, it may seem that a pumpkin in Minecraft is a useless block. However, in reality, this is absolutely not the case and the pumpkin can be useful both for creating food and for creating some kind of mechanism like automatic farms.
In addition, there are a number of recipes that are associated with pumpkins. Of course, finding pumpkins is not a problem, because even though they are quite rare, they spawn on the territory of almost every biome.
In any case, if you are interested in any specific information on pumpkins that will help refresh your memory, or you need to familiarize yourself with this block from a beginner’s perspective, then the guide below will help in all cases.
Pumpkins in Minecraft: block overview
- The first way is by natural generation. Absolutely all pumpkins in Minecraft appear only on the territory of the “Upper World” in all known biomes. Sod acts as the main spawn block (provided that no plant or flower will grow on it). The only exception is snow biomes, where grass and snow do not affect pumpkin spawning.
In addition, it should be added that they can also be found on the territory of outposts of robbers and forest lodges. There is even an 18.2% chance to find a pumpkin in a chest inside a sunken ship (as a rule, in such places they come across in quantities from 1 to 3 units).
- The second way is by growing. You can implement your plan in the same way that is used in the case of watermelons. Initially, the seeds sprout, but subsequently, the pumpkin occupies one diagonal cell. In general, a pumpkin can only reach the ripening stage if there is a block of earth next to the sprout.
- The third way is through trade. Alternatively, a pumpkin can be obtained from travelling merchants who visit Sim’s home. They sell one pumpkin for 1 emerald.
- The fourth way is to kill mobs. Starting from game version 1.4.2, when the Halloween holiday begins, on this day (October 31) hostile mobs (like archer skeletons, zombies, piglins and wither skeletons ) appear immediately with carved pumpkins that are put on their heads. However, the pumpkin drop rate is not 100%. In this regard, it can be increased thanks to an enchantment called Looting (for each level, the chance of dropping increases by 1%).
Restoring Hunger with a Pumpkin
You can’t eat the pumpkin itself in Minecraft. On the other hand, a pumpkin can be grown on your own farm or obtained in the game world, after which you can create a pumpkin pie. And in this case, it will already be possible to restore hunger. And it is significant, since the pie restores 4.8 units of hunger, which is equivalent to 4 hunger icons.
How to get pumpkin seeds in Minecraft?
There are three ways to get pumpkin seeds in Minecraft. The easiest is to find a pumpkin and decompose it into seeds using a workbench. On the other hand, they can also be obtained through natural generation and trade. In the first case, the seeds can be found inside chests that spawn: in forest mansions, abandoned mines, treasuries, and civilian villages . In the second, it is enough to meet a wandering merchant who sells pumpkin seeds for 1 unit of emeralds.
In addition, the “Bedrock Edition” version of the game has a unique feature. The bottom line is that when it appears, if a bonus chest has been installed, then pumpkin seeds can be found inside such a chest.
How to make and grow a pumpkin in Minecraft?
In the vanilla version of Minecraft, there is no way to create a pumpkin by ordinary crafting. It can only be found using the methods presented above or using the console command, as described below. As for the growing process, there is nothing complicated about it. The main thing is to observe the proportions of the pumpkin – it must be nearby on a free block of land. Because when the pumpkin grows, it will take up two blocks next. In addition, water is needed nearby, and the seedbed itself must be ploughed with a hoe. Actually, now you know. How to make a pumpkin in Minecraft, or rather, how to grow a pumpkin in Minecraft.
How to make a glowing Minecraft pumpkin
Use in crafting
In addition to the recipes presented above, you can make a Jack-O-Lantern from a pumpkin, thanks to which you can later create a snow and iron golem. Since this block is used during their creation as ahead.
How to put a pumpkin on your head?
Initially, the pumpkins appear uncarved, but the mock face can be carved if the character uses the scissors and presses the right mouse button. After that, when the carved pumpkin is ready, it can already be put on the character’s head instead of a helmet. At the same time, it should be understood that a pumpkin on the head will not give any armor points, but thanks to it, you can not be afraid to look at the wanderers of the Edge.
In addition, you should know that a pumpkin worn on the character’s head will partially darken the screen. On the other hand, it will disappear if you decide to press the F5 key. Otherwise, there are no other important nuances.
Minecraft pumpkin mods
- Carvable Pumpkins Mod. A small cosmetic mod that adds one nice feature – with it you can apply all sorts of drawings to pumpkins. And everything works as simple as possible: you need to use scissors, after which a menu will appear where you can already decide on the pattern.
- Mod “White Pumpkin”. Another cosmetic project that will change the look of these blocks. From now on they will be white. To be precise, the mod does not replace vanilla pumpkins, but only adds a new option. So along with this, new recipes will appear in the game.
How to spawn in creative mode?
To do this, you need to enter the game in order to first open the chat – this can be done using the English “T” key. Next, you need to enter the command – “/give @p Minecraft: pumpkin”. Moreover, the command must be entered without quotes, and we recommend using the “Space” key to immediately specify a number in order to get a certain number of pumpkins (as an option, you can enter “/give @p Minecraft: pumpkin 64” for a stack). And at the end, all that remains is to type the command using the “Enter” key.
Secrets and tips
- From time to time, you can stumble upon pumpkins that hang in the air, and right above the water. And this is a known mistake. This is due to the fact that pumpkins appear in the generation process much later than lakes.
- Before version 1.13 of the game was released, all grown pumpkins always “facing” in a southerly direction, making it easy to navigate.
- Skeleton archers, along with zombies that wear a pumpkin on their heads, will not burn from the sun. And this is not a mistake. This is simply due to the fact that the pumpkin is not considered a helmet in the game.
- The flag, head, and pumpkin are the only types of blocks that cannot be placed in the armour slot in the usual way. You can accomplish your plan only exclusively with the help of console commands.
Pumpkin in Minecraft is an extremely useful block. With it, you can make food for the character, and defend yourself in certain situations. For example, it is quite difficult to do without a pumpkin in the territory of the “Edge” dimension, since this place is filled with the wanderers of the End. After all, this is a great design block. So do not neglect pumpkins.